The Republican Committee Mission Staement
Members of the Riverhead Republican Committee are duly elected to represent the interests of the enrolled Republicans of the Town of Riverhead. It is the obligation of the Riverhead Republican Committee to promote and progress at the local levels the ideals, principles and philosophy of the Republican National Committee. In order to do so, it is necessary that the Riverhead Republican Committee as an organization recognize as its primary role the need to pursue, nominate and support candidates for public office who agree with and can support and defend the following platform
- Promote investment in our community that will lead to economic growth and stability and job creation and opportunity
- Encourage consumer spending that will support local businesses and encourage local business growth.
- Recognize and honor the rights of property owners.
- Promote and practice fiscal responsibility and control spending with the intent of lowering taxes.
- Promote an effective, responsible and responsive government whose elected officials and leaders conduct themselves professionally, morally, and ethically and respond to all with which they come in contact with compassion, fairness and respect.
- Recognize that the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals and private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
- Recognize the need to balance growth with our environment; but above all, understand that the most endangered species in the Town of Riverhead is the taxpayer.
- Improve our quality of life and strengthen our community so that our children can grow up in a town in which all their hopes and dreams can come true.
The Riverhead Republican Party Platform makes clear:We choose strength.
- We choose results.
- We choose optimism.
- We choose opportunity.
“Peace and Prosperity through Progress.”